I have finished the last book in my trilogy! 🥳 This is the first series that I’ve completed, so yay! I’m very, very proud of my work on it.
With that being said, pouring all of my creative energy into a project has exhausted me! It feels like it’s been siphoned out of my body, like it was taken away a kind of mischievous esper or something. So, I’m going to take a break from blogging (and writing in general) for nine days; during the break, I’m going to spend the time reading and producing an outline for my spin-off series: Suffer, My Desire!
Plans ︱Starting on Nov. 5th, 2020
- Outline for “Suffer, My Desire: The Folklorist”
- The spin-off will take place in the post-apocalyptic world, that is formed after the epilogue in Juniper’s Tree, and will follow a mystery narrative! The main characters are Aria Adler and her boyfriend, Wyatt Watson. One day, a mysterious serum transforms Watson into an otter and the rare times he turns back into a human, he violently attacks Aria. After research, Aria deduces that the serum not only transformed her companion’s body, but is slowly melting away his hypothalamus. His affliction begins to make him more of a beast, than a normal man. Learning about a legendary elixir, Aria travels out to a mysterious mountain village to find the cure for Wyatt. When they make it to the hidden village, from mouth of a steaming passenger train, they find clues of the medicine’s whereabouts from a couple of mysterious twins: Monét and Sebastian Blanchard. While they’re chatting with the sibling, they witness a murder at the Blanchard estate and are forced to combine their cognitive abilities to solve the mystery!
- Writing a novel-length fan fiction for NaNoWriMo, the story will ship Yukari Yuzuki (for more info: Voiceroid) x IA (for more info: ボーカロイド), the title of the narrative is: “Goodbye, Liar”︱Based on Yukari Yuzuki’s song, “Liar Syndrome”
- This story will be my first foray into writing a full-length science fiction story! The narrative will take place in a cyberpunk setting and will have a caste system between the Vocaloid and Voiceroids. The Voiceroids, in the story, are bootleg androids and the Vocaloids are perfect models, designed for entertaining the human aristocracy. Yukari is talented street musician who has an indie band: Akari Kizuna (bass), Maki Tsurumaki (lead guitar), and Kiritan Tohoku (drums). One rainy day, IA witnesses Yukari singing her heart out for pocket change and love blossoms between a no-name, street urchin and a famous idol.
- Extra: I’m going to post word count updates on Twitter, but in the pre-production, I’m going to edit the fan fiction like a novel and release it around the same time as the last installment of my series! So, you can expect to read it on Dec. 22, 2020!
- Write a review everyday during my work days! My goal during November is to write 5 anime reviews a week! When I start Suffer, My Desire in December, I’ll have less time to write reviews, so I want to take advantage of the time I have to put out quality reviews. My mission with writing anime reviews is to glorify the industry professionals, I believe that individual industry workers are often overlooked, so expect more of that! Coming soon!
- List of upcoming reviews:
- Week 1
- Quest for Camelot
- そにアニ -SUPER SONICO THE ANIMATION-
- Little Nemo
- Black★Rock Shooter
- Nekojiru-sō + Nekojiru Gekijō Jirujiru
- Week 2
- Metal Fighter Miku
- Angel Beats!
- Week 3
- Yumekui Merry
- Burn Up! Scramble
- Burn Up! (Original OVA)
- Divergence Eve
- IS: Infinite Stratos (Season One)
- Week 4
- Senki Zesshō Symphogear (Season One)
- Senki Zesshō Symphogear G (Season Two)
- Senki Zesshō Symphogear GX (Season Three)
- Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ (Season Four)
- Senki Zesshō Symphogear XV (Season Five)
- Week 1
- Finish reading Les Misérables, I’m ¾ of the way done, so it shouldn’t be an issue. I will post a review for Victor Hugo’s magnum opus on GoodReads and another copy on my WordPress 2020 book list: https://eggheadluna.wordpress.com/2020/07/12/literary-review-log-2020-reading-list/
Plans ︱Dec. 2020
- Start “Suffer, My Desire: The Folklorist”
- Write one review per week, at minimum!
- Start making pixel art sprites for the visual novel version of Juniper’s Tree.
Plans ︱Jan. 2021
- Start writing a script for Juniper’s Tree with alternate endings. I will publish the script on Amazon. If I put it on FictionPress, the preliminary product wouldn’t have a copyright wall.
- The transcribed version of the script will be available to read on Mar. 24th, 2021.
“Suffer, My Desire: The Folklorist” will be published on Mar. 24th, 2021 and will be available for pre-order a month prior to its release.
Please let me know what you think about my creative endeavors! And, thank you again, for reading the update!